Pitching Sessions for the 2020 Dublin Fringe Festival – Call for Artists/Companies
'Things We Haven’t Made'.
Culture Ireland, Irish Theatre Institute and Dublin Fringe Festival invite submissions from Irish artists/companies who wish to avail of the opportunity to participate in a pitching session to national and international programmers and presenters, as part of this year's Information Toolbox at Dublin Fringe Festival (11 & 12 September 2020).
The purpose of this session is to allow artists to pitch new projects, including those which were due to premier this year as well as projects in development to the gathering of presenters with the aim of generating international presentation or co-producing opportunities. for the artists and their work.
Given the changed circumstances for 2020, any planned production that was due to premiere this year will also be considered.
Successful applicants will be offered an opportunity to pitch their projects, using their preferred platform of performance, spoken presentation and high quality moving-image footage relating to the proposed work. For the 2020 edition, all pitches will be presented digitally and it is envisaged that some of these may be pre-recorded.
Professional artists from theatre and dance disciplines are eligible to apply. Successful artists will be required to work with Culture Ireland and Irish Theatre Institute to prepare their pitch in advance.
• Complete application form available here.
• Include details of new/postponed work or work in development, including link to any film recording.
• Provide evidence of track record and positive independent critical recognition for the artist/company.
• Confirm their availability for preparatory work in advance of 11 September and to meet international presenters on 11/12 September.
Applications will be assessed based on the following:
• Completeness and quality of application.
• The capacity of the artist/company to avail of international opportunities.
• The appropriateness of proposal given current programming trends in key international festivals and venues and likely international attendees at the event.
Selection will be made jointly by Irish Theatre Institute, Culture Ireland and Dublin Fringe Festival.
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday 21st August 2020
IMPORTANT: Artists whose work will be featured in the 2020 programmes of either Dublin Fringe Festival or Dublin Theatre Festival are ineligible to apply. A further call for the Pitching Session of International Theatre eXchange will be posted shortly.