Pitching Initiative at the International Theatre eXchange 2020
Culture Ireland, Dublin Theatre Festival and Irish Theatre Institute invite submissions from Irish artists/companies who wish to avail of the opportunity to pitch to international programmers and presenters, as part of this year's International Theatre eXchange on 2nd October 2020.
The objectives of this initiative are:
- To provide a platform for Irish artists/producers to present and promote their work to international presenters
- To create opportunities for Irish artists to build international touring networks for their work
- To introduce international programmers to Irish artists and companies
Participants in previous pitches have developed substantial international opportunities based on their presentation.
Successful applicants will be offered a 10-minute platform to pitch their projects to national and international delegates. The pitch will take place on Friday 2nd October 2020.
For the 2020 edition, all pitches will be presented digitally and it is envisaged that some of these may be pre-recorded.
Applications must meet the following criteria:
- The work must have been produced and presented professionally in Ireland during the period 2018, 2019 or 2020. Work presented as part of previous Dublin Theatre Festival programmes is not eligible for submission.
- Evidence of positive independent critical recognition must be available.
- High-quality moving image documentation of the work is essential.
- The applicant must be available for preparatory work in advance of the festival and to engage with international presenters at ITX.
A production which has already had a high profile presentation outside of Ireland will not be eligible for consideration.
Applications will be assessed based on the following:
- Fulfilment of the qualifying criteria
- The quality of the production in terms of performance, production values and content.
- The capacity of the artist/company to avail of touring opportunities arising from inclusion in the programme.
- Current programming trends in key international festivals and venues.
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com before 5pm on Monday 14th September 2020 enclosing an online link to the production footage.
Download application form here
Image: Jenny Jennings from THISISPOPBABY at the 2019 Pitching Initiative as part of the International Theatre eXchange