Ireland at English Folk Expo 2020
Culture Ireland is delighted to announce an international partnership with English Folk Expo 2020. The 2020 Expo is part of the Manchester Folk Festival and takes place from 15 – 17 October 2020. Culture Ireland has worked to secure this new partnership in order to create further touring opportunities for Irish musicians particularly across Great Britain.
The Culture Ireland partnership offers an opportunity for four selected Irish bands to showcase for around 180 industry professionals, including agents and festival and venue programmers. In addition, each selected bands will be programmed for a public performance at the Manchester Folk Festival.
Culture Ireland now invites applications from musicians who wish to participate in this special initiative in 2020.
Applicants must be
- established musicians with a track record of national and international performance = (bands, ensembles and solo artists are all acceptable)
- available to tour internationally.
Applications will be assessed initially by Culture Ireland on the basis of the following criteria:
- quality of production and presentation
- evidence of positive independent critical recognition
- ability to capitalise on this showcase opportunity including availability of promotional materials and management/agency support.
Culture Ireland will then forward a shortlist of artists for final selection by the Manchester Folk Festival team.
Applicants must include:
- High Quality Video footage of the band in performance.
- MP3s of at least three audio tracks
Applicants should submit through the Culture Ireland Showcase application system – you can start your application by clicking here. In terms of budget, the application should include an estimate of travel costs for the artists to Manchester.
Culture Ireland support will be awarded for reasonable travel and accommodation costs for the artists who are selected by English Folk Expo.
The closing date for applications is Friday 29 November 2019 at 5pm.