EDINBURGH FRINGE FESTIVAL 2023: CALL FOR THEATRE AND DANCE COMPANIES
Applications are invited for inclusion in Culture Ireland’s 2023 Edinburgh Fringe Festival Showcase
Culture Ireland invites applications to support the presentation of work in the Edinburgh Festival Fringe as part of Culture Ireland’s 2023 Showcase Programme.
The Edinburgh Fringe continues to offer an important and unique platform for Irish theatre and dance artists to gain international recognition for their work and further international touring opportunities.
The objectives of Culture Ireland's 2023 Edinburgh Fringe Showcase Programme are:
• to showcase high quality Irish performances to international audiences
• to build Irish artists' connections with festival and venue presenters, producers and promoters
• to generate international touring opportunities
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
• high quality innovative production and presentation
• evidence of positive independent critical recognition
• demonstration of partnership with an established Edinburgh Fringe venue
• how it fits within the overall objectives of Culture Ireland Showcase Programme at Edinburgh Fringe
• capacity of the artist or company to avail of opportunities arising from inclusion in the Edinburgh Showcase
• international programming and touring trends
Culture Ireland Support:
Culture Ireland will offer funding to successful applicants towards expenses in presenting their work as part of Edinburgh Fringe, including travel, accommodation, subsistence, freight and registration fees. Applicants must demonstrate that all participants (artists, technicians etc.) are being appropriately remunerated.
All successful applicants will be promoted by Culture Ireland as part of Culture Ireland’s Showcase Programme and included in networking opportunities with international presenters. A representative from the production team must be available to participate in Culture Ireland’s networking events. In addition, Culture Ireland will work with Irish Theatre Institute to ensure that artists and companies are prepared for the opportunity.
How to Apply:
Applicants must complete and submit a Showcase application online. Click here to submit application. Supporting documentation MUST include:
• a detailed project budget including all sources of projected income and expenditure
• copies of reviews received to date
• invite from the venue, including outline details of the contractual agreement
• high quality production images
• if work is already recorded, please include link
Applications must be submitted online before the deadline of midnight on Tuesday 7th February 2023
Applications will be assessed by Culture Ireland with the assistance of external panellists.
Culture Ireland will host a zoom information session on its Edinburgh Showcase programme on Wednesday 25th January at 12 noon – session will last about 45 minutes. To register for this session please mail: firstname.lastname@example.org