EDINBURGH FRINGE FESTIVAL 2021: CALL FOR THEATRE AND DANCE COMPANIES
Applications are invited for inclusion in Culture Ireland’s 2021 Edinburgh Fringe Festival Digital Showcase.
Culture Ireland invites applications to support the digital presentation of work in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival as part of Culture Ireland’s 2021 Showcase Programme.
The Edinburgh Fringe continues to offer an important and unique platform for Irish theatre and dance artists to gain international recognition for their work and to generate further international touring opportunities. Owing to ongoing restrictions on international travel and live performances, Culture Ireland’s Showcase Programme to support Irish artists to create international opportunities in the short and medium term will continue online.
For 2021, Culture Ireland can only support digital/virtual presentations which have already been presented physically or virtually since March 2019.
The objectives of Culture Ireland's 2021 Edinburgh Fringe Festival Digital Showcase Programme are:
• to showcase high quality Irish performances in digital form,
• to build Irish artists' connections with festival and venue presenters, producers and promoters,
• to generate further international touring opportunities once travel restrictions are eased.
Applicants should submit an outline project plan to present their project digitally either on the Edinburgh Fringe’s digital platform or on one of the Fringe venues’ digital platforms. Applicants must clearly indicate where they are presenting in association with a Fringe venue.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
• high quality innovative production and presentation,
• evidence of positive independent critical recognition,
• how it fits within the overall Culture Ireland Showcase Programme at Edinburgh Fringe,
• capacity of the artist or company to avail of opportunities arising from inclusion in the Edinburgh showcase.
Culture Ireland Support:
Culture Ireland will offer funding to successful applicants towards expenses in presenting their work as part of the Fringe, including registration fees, technical costs, recording costs and promotional costs. Applicants must demonstrate that all participants (artists, technicians etc) are being remunerated.
All successful applicants will be promoted by Culture Ireland as part of Culture Ireland’s Showcase Programme and a focussed digital networking event with international presenters. A representative from the production team must be available to attend the Culture Ireland’s networking event.
How to Apply:
Applicants must complete and submit a Showcase application online. Click HERE to submit application. Supporting documentation MUST include:
• a detailed project budget including all sources of projected income and expenditure,
• copies of reviews received to date,
• invite from the venue, if appropriate,
• high quality production images,
• if work is already recorded, please include link.
Applications must be submitted online before the deadline of midnight on Friday 14th May 2021.
Applications will be assessed by Culture Ireland with the assistance of external panellists.
To read more about the current planning for the Edinburgh Fringe, please visit HERE.
Photo: Zoe Ní Ríordáin in One Two One Two’s production of Everything I Do, part of the 2019 Culture Ireland Edinburgh Showcase Programme.