Call for Culture Ireland’s 2019 Edinburgh Fringe Festival Showcase Programme
Culture Ireland invites applications for inclusion in its 2019 Edinburgh Fringe Festival Showcase Programme.
The Edinburgh Fringe offers an important and unique platform for Irish theatre and dance artists to gain international recognition for their work and to generate further international touring opportunities. It also provides a valuable opportunity to reach new international audiences.
Previous participants in Culture Ireland’s Showcase Programme have garnered awards, critical acclaim and new audiences in Edinburgh and have as a result furthered their international profiles.
The objectives of Culture Ireland's Edinburgh Fringe Festival Showcase Programme are:
• to showcase high quality Irish performances
• to generate further international touring opportunities
• to build Irish artists' connections with festival and venue presenters, producers and promoters
Applications must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• the proposed work must have been presented professionally in Ireland prior to March 2019
• work may not have already had international presentation
• have confirmed performances, presented as part of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, in a significant venue
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
• quality of production and presentation
• evidence of positive independent critical recognition
• evidence of financial and promotional commitment by Edinburgh venue
• capacity of the artist or company to avail of touring opportunities arising from inclusion in the Edinburgh showcase
Culture Ireland Support:
Culture Ireland will offer funding to successful applicants towards travel, transport and accommodation costs. Culture Ireland will promote the successful applicants by means of a printed programme and a networking event. A representative from the production must be available to attend the Culture Ireland’s networking event in Edinburgh to meet with international presenters.
How to apply:
Applicants must complete and submit a Showcase application online. Click here to submit application. Supporting documentation MUST include:
• a detailed production budget including all sources of projected income and expenditure
• copies of reviews received to date
• invite from the venue
• High quality production images
Applications must be submitted online before the deadline of midnight on 14 February 2019.
Giselle by Ballet Ireland, which performed at Dance Base as part of the 2018 Culture Ireland Edinburgh Showcase Programme (Pic: Julie Howden)