Pitching Opportunity for Irish artists Dublin Theatre Festival 2017
Culture Ireland, Dublin Theatre Festival and Irish Theatre Institute invite submissions from Irish artists/companies who wish to avail of the opportunity to pitch to international programmers and presenters, as part of this year's International Theatre eXchange on 6th/7th October 2017.
Successful applicants will be offered a 15-minute platform to pitch their projects to national and international delegates, using a combination of performance, spoken presentation and high quality moving-image footage of the work. The pitch will take place on the morning of Friday 6th October 2017. Technical support and AV (projector, PA) will be provided.
The objectives of this initiative are:
• To provide a platform for Irish artists/producers to present and promote their work to international presenters
• To create opportunities for Irish artists to build international touring networks for their work
• To introduce international programmers to Irish artists and companies
Applications must meet the following criteria:
• The work must have been produced and presented professionally in Ireland during the period 1st May 2016 to 30th June 2017. Work presented as part of the 2016 Dublin Theatre Festival programme is not eligible for submission.
• Work must be suitable in terms of scale and availability for international touring during 2017/2018.
• Evidence of positive independent critical recognition must be available.
• High-quality moving image documentation of the work is essential.
• The applicant must be available for preparatory work in advance of the festival and to meet international presenters over the weekend of 5 - 8 October, 2017.
A production which has already had a high profile presentation outside of Ireland will not be eligible for consideration.
Applications will be assessed based on the following:
• The quality of the production in terms of performance, production values and content.
• The capacity of the artist/company to avail of touring opportunities arising from inclusion in the programme.
• Current programming trends in key international festivals and venues.
• The extent to which the application fulfils the qualifying criteria.
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com before 5pm on Tuesday 8th August 2017 enclosing an online link to the production footage.
Download application form here