Pitching Initiative 2016 - Call Notice
Culture Ireland, Dublin Theatre Festival and Irish Theatre Institute invite submissions from Irish artists/companies who wish to avail of the opportunity to pitch to international programmers and presenters, as part of this year's International Theatre eXchange on 7th/8th October.
International delegates, with the support of Culture Ireland, come to see new work during Dublin Theatre Festival (29th Sept –16th October). The ITX session is an initiative to extend an opportunity to companies to pitch previously staged Irish work with the aim of having the work selected for future presentation abroad.
Successful applicants will be offered a 20-minute platform to pitch their projects to programmers and presenters, using a combination of performance, spoken presentation and high quality moving-image footage of the work. The pitch will take place on the morning of Friday 7th October 2016. Technical support and AV (projector, PA) will be provided.
The objectives of this initiative are:
• To provide a platform for Irish artists/producers to present and promote their work to international presenters
• To create opportunities for Irish artists to build international touring networks for their work
• To introduce international programmers to Irish artists and companies
Applications must meet the following criteria:
• The work must have been produced and presented professionally in Ireland during the period 1st May 2015 to 30th June 2016. Work presented as part of the 2015 Dublin Theatre Festival programme is not eligible for submission.
• Work must be suitable in terms of scale and availability for international touring during 2017/2018.
• Evidence of positive independent critical recognition must be available.
• High-quality moving image documentation of the work is essential.
• The applicant must be available for preparatory work in advance of the festival and to meet international presenters over the weekend of 5 - 8 October, 2016.
A production which has already had a high profile presentation outside of Ireland will not be eligible for consideration.
Applications will be assessed based on the following:
• The quality of the production in terms of performance, production values and content.
• The capacity of the artist/company to avail of touring opportunities arising from inclusion in the programme.
• Current programming trends in key international festivals and venues.
• The extent to which the application fulfils the qualifying criteria.
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday 12th August 2016 enclosing an online link to the production footage.
Download application form here
Image courtesy of Moonfish Theatre showing 'Star of the Sea' pitched at the ITX in 2015