Internationale Tanzmesse 2016
Culture Ireland invites applications to participate as a delegate at the Internationale Tanzmesse 2016 (31 August – 3 September 2016)
Culture Ireland invites applications from dance artists, dance company managers and (freelance) dance producers from Ireland wishing to participate in the Internationale Tanzmesse in Düsseldorf, Germany, as part of the Culture Ireland-led delegation.
The Internationale Tanzmesse is a biennial event and an international hub for dance professionals around the world to network with agents, presenters and programmers and generate touring opportunities for their work.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of:
• the track record of the artist/company in presenting work abroad
• evidence of critical acclaim for the work to be promoted at Tanzmesse and its suitability for international touring
• the capacity of the company to avail of opportunities to tour internationally over the next 18 months
• the list of international contacts whom the artist/company intends to meet at Tanzmesse
Priority will be given to those applicants who have work that is available for touring in 2016/2017 and can supply evidence of independent critical acclaim for their work.
Successful applicants must be able to attend Tanzmesse for the entire four days and available to assist in promotional work at the Culture Ireland stand.
Culture Ireland support:
Culture Ireland will offer funding of €350 to successful applicants towards travel and accommodation costs. One bursary application per company for artist, producer or company manager will be eligible for consideration. Companies which have already received support at Tanzmesse in 2016 are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants must complete and submit an application through the Culture Ireland online system. Click here to start your application. Accompanying information MUST include:
• Copies of relevant reviews
• Biography of the applicant
• Headshot of the applicant
The Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Wednesday 11th May 2016.
Image: Fit/Misfit by Iseli-Chiodi Dance Company which was featured in the Showcase Programme at Internationale Tanzmesse 2014. Pic: Fabián Sánchez